The Minnesota Association of Financial Aid Administrators (MAFAA) is an association of professionals committed to the principle that no one should be denied access to higher education for financial reasons.
MAFAA's mission is to provide training, research, information, expertise and advocacy in support of the timely, accurate, and ethical delivery of financial aid funds to Minnesota students.
In pursuit of this mission, MAFAA's focus is collegial in approach, inclusive in practice, intentional in action and student-focused in intent; dealing with divisive issues before they are used to divide us and seeking solutions that are inclusive of all providers of higher education in Minnesota.
- Support and provide quality training opportunities to members and related constituencies.
- Effectively communicate with all constituencies.
- Promote the value of higher education, and the need for adequate student financial aid funding.
- Serve as a research and information resource to MAFAA members, students, and higher education policy makers.
- Advocate student financial aid by working with students/student groups, financial aid administrators, legislative leaders, system representatives and others.
- Ensure MAFAA's organizational and financial stability.
- Reinforce the role, importance and impact, financial aid professionals play in higher education institutions.
Statement of Purpose